- Riccardo Biosas
Meet AgorApp. Your end-to-end web3 developer journey starts here.
- Ethereum Swarm client implementation that facilitates access to the Swarm network for operations like data storage, retrieval, and communication.
- A decentralized storage platform and content distribution service regulated by cryptoeconomic incentives which enable the creation of self-sustaining, distributed, and fault-tolerant storage marketplace.
- An inherent system within the Ethereum Swarm network that encourages nodes to store and serve data.
- A postage stamp is a form of payment that must be attached to any chunk of data that a user wants to store on the Swarm network: you can regard it as a a proof of payment that certifies that you paid the rent for the storage of the data that you uploaded and/or pinned.
- Ethereum Swarm's native token - which is used to purchase postage stamps.
- An authenticated endpoint exposed by the Ethereum Swarm API that allows to manipulate the node's balance.
- The smallest unit of storage unit in the Ethereum Swarm network (max 4K).
- A unique identifier employed to retrieve specific data (chunk, file, or collection) from the Swarm network.
- This refers to an assemblage of files and directories within Ethereum Swarm. Bee.js offers a method to upload collections, allowing the upload of multiple files while preserving their directory structure.
- A mechanism that purges unpinned data from a node when the node's storage capacity has been exhausted.
- A feature that permits users to retain specific data within their nodes indefinitely, safeguarding it from being discarded during garbage collection.
- A smart contract responsible for handling microtransactions occurring between nodes in the Swarm network.
SOC (Single Owner Chunks):
- Thet are a special type of chunks that are immutable and whose address is the hash of the Ethereum address of the uploader and an 32-bytes long arbitrary identifier.
- A topic is an arbitrary 32-byte long array of bytes that is used to lump data together in the Ethereum Swarm network. Their usage facilitates the indexing and retrieval of data.
- Feeds are an abstraction on top of SOCs: they can be regarded as a stream of Single Owner Chunks, lumped together under the same Topic label for efficient indexing. Each update to a feed corresponds to a new Single Owner Chunk that is added by the same original owner and with the same Topic label. Each content update by the feed is signed by the owner's private key and the owner, in the context of Feeds, is also referred to as publisher.
Postal Service over Swarm (PSS):
- It's Ethereum Swarm's messaging protocol. Unlike Feeds, PSS provides a bidirectional communication with Bee nodes via a publish-subscribe pattern. Once the connection with a Bee node is established, the node can send and receive messages to and from the PSS network by listening to a specific topic.
BeeJS Module (Chunk, File, Collection, PSS, Pinning, Debug, Bytes, SOC, Tag):
- These are distinct modules provided by the Bee.js library to interact with different facets of the Ethereum Swarm network.
- A Bee.js module that offers debugging tools for Swarm applications.
Want to learn more? Follow our progress!
For the latest news and developments, including course & challenge and track launches as well as our job board, stay tuned. Join the AgorApp Discord and communicate with the team or follow us on Telegram, Twitter or Linkedin.